Birthday and Fifth Anniversary!

June 21, 2004

I do not know how to begin to thank you all for the wonderful surprise 56th birthday party and Fifth Anniversary as pastor of Christ UMC celebration after worship on Sunday. I want to thank the Staff Parish Relations Committee, David Stump and Charlene Savage, and everyone who helped plan this. Your cards and generosity will be a cherished memory. There was over $1,000 on the “money tree”. Anita and I will set some of this aside for our “second honeymoon” to Hawaii next January. We love you all, and consider serving Christ UMC the greatest blessing of our ministry. We are grateful to know and experience your Christian love and faith.

Anita and I had a full house with Deanna, Scot, Tak and Kat coming down from Simi Valley. We are in our glory around the grandchildren. When Kat fell asleep on “Paw Paw’s” shoulder Saturday night, after leading me on an expedition to explore every flower, bug and rock in “Nana’s” garden, I was about as close to heaven as one can get. Kimo Shearin (Anita’s brother) is spending two weeks with us from Ft. Bragg (via Iraq and Afghanistan). Kimo and I will try to get the Padres back on the winning path at Petco Park tonight. It was a pleasure to have Kimo, Chris and Keoni Cabral in worship Sunday, and at a combination Father’s Day/Birthday family gathering Friday. As you can see, this has been quite a wonderful week for me!

No comments: